Secure service for all staff
RAv3 allows staff to connect securely into their school’s local network via an easy-to-use web interface using the same familiar set of user credentials as other core services such as email.
School level control
Different levels of external access to a school’s network can be configured for school staff via the LGfL Support Site. Schools are able to configure the following access for staff users:
- Access to an intranet or a secure internal website
- Access to shared drives on the network or a user’s home area
- Access to a static IP address, which is contacted via an RDP-type connection but which works through a web browser. The user simply clicks on a pre-configured link to be presented with the login screen of their office-based computer
- Access to a static IP address via a VNC connection
- Access to a non-static IP via an RDP connection
School technical staff can also configure full VPN remote network access for themselves or other network administrators.
Easy-to-use service for all
Once access has been configured, users log in to the front end via a web browser and click on ordinary web links to access the resources that have been made available to them. Users do not need a high degree of technical ability in order to make use of the functionality.