With Listening Books, you can now use your LGfL USO account to access over 100 curriculum based books on audio. These are a great tool for use with your students who have an illness, disability or SEN which makes it difficult for them read.
Titles can be streamed direct through a PC for group listening in class or for individuals to listen with headphones.
There is a great range of fiction and non fiction available to support pupils from Key Stage 2 up to A-Level, including:
- British History Makers: King Henry VIII by Leon Ashworth
- GCSE English: Of Mice and Men: The Text Guide by Coordination Group Publications
- Secrets of the Rainforest: Predators and Prey by Michael Chinery
- Matilda by Roald Dahl
- An Inconvenient Truth: the Crisis of Global Warming (Young Adult Version) by Al Gore
- Dates with History: 6th August 1945 The Bombing of Hiroshima by John Malam
- My Friend Walter by Michael Morpurgo
- The Elements in Poetry: Poems about Fire edited by Andrew Fusek Peters
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker
- Face by Benjamin Zephaniah
How do I listen to an audiobook?
- Log onto the Listening Books website with your LGfL USO using the blue launch button at the top of this page.
- Search the catalogue for a book you would like to listen to
- Press the ‘play’ symbol and the book will begin!
Please note, Listening Books is a charity and these books must only be used with students who have an illness, disability or learning difficulty which makes it difficult to read or hold a book. They must not be downloaded, modified, copied, reproduced, transferred, distributed, leased, licensed or publicly performed in any way, and are offered for non-commercial use only.
LGfL USO accounts will only allow access for:
• Teachers in all LGfL schools
• All students attending special schools connected to LGfL.
• Designated SEN students in a mainstream school*
(*Please note that to enable the service for this category a nominated contact for the school must identify the SEN students within the LGfL support site. The instructions on how to complete this task can be found here